Saturday, June 23, 2007

Pulling a Michael Moore on Michael Moore.

Um, I will be checking this out.

The Los Angeles Times has an article about two liberal filmmakers from Canada who followed Michael Moore during his 2004 college campus tour. The resulting documentary exposes, at length, a glut of fabrications and manipulations Moore has used in his documentaries.

It could be a load of crap, but there seems to be a level of credibility here that, in the least, warrants a viewing.

Moore's a tool and deserves a beatdown. There is a part of me that hopes it succeeds.

I applaud his targets but bemoan his methods. He's a manipulative whore that isn't even on the same continent as honest, both factually and emotionally.

And he invested in Halliburton?

Good nuggets here.

7 comments:

Mate Famber said...

And his legions will denounce them without even seeing the film. The same thing they say people against Moore do. I've always said the far left and the far right have more in common then they think. One of which is the automatic shutting up/discrediting/patronization of anybody that disagrees with them.

mate famber

Christo P. Ney said...

Nobody messes with the Grand Poo-bah!

Mate Famber said...

Remember in "F-911" where he showed children flying kites, people picking flowers, etc. right before the bombing of Baghdad started. hey, I'm against the war too, but to think that Iraq was some peaceful paradise before was so manipulative and shoddy it was mind boggling. It's lazy filmmaking. Manipulation of facts to get your point across.

mate famber

Mate Famber said...

I'm sure I'll be branded a right wing nut job because I dared to criticize Jesus H. Moore!

mate famber

Christo P. Ney said...

Lazy, lazy, lazy. I forgot the Shangri-La Iraq was before the war.

Mate Famber said...

Hey. I'm all for ripping the insurance companies a new one. That's what frustrates me about Moore. He takes on a cause you want to see taken on but then he leaves so much shit out that it hurts the cause. I haven't seen "Sicko" but from what I hear he makes the Canadian, French, English systems look alot rosier than they actually are.

mate famber

Christo P. Ney said...

I saw that too. And don't you think it's funny how takes on a cause everyone can rally around right at the time he's at his most polarizing.

Skewering health care is like skewering people who like to beat puppies. How can you screw that up? Bet he does.